Thursday, October 2, 2008

Next Steps Forward

OK. I'm ready to move forward, but where? I don't want to wait until next year, so I'm thinking a race is in order.  Since I bailed on NYC this year, I want to race a mary.  I really want to race one under 5 hours (closer to 4:30 actually).  How about a winter marathon?

I started surfing marathonguide.com and other sites and found the Hyannis Marathon.  February 22, 2009 in Hyannis, Massachucetts.  And guess what? It is just 21 weeks away!  Perfect!  I'm in.  That's it, my next step.  Plan to follow.

2 comments:

SpeedySasquatch said...

Well, well, glad to see you picked one to hammer out! Let me know if you want to train over the Winter. I will be continuing to build toward Boston and there will be a bunch of us doing long runs and the like through the end of the year and heading into Beantown ... SO ... you'll have company if you want it!!!

Besides, I love running you in! You are always fun and smiling, stud!!!

Jamie said...

Nice. I thought about doing that race last year. I'm not sure if I can drag myself into the cold to get enough training in, but I'll see what I can do.

Maybe I'll see you there!