Monday, August 27, 2007

Congrats New IRONPEOPLE!

First of all…..

A HUGE congratulations to all the new IRONPEOPLE who finished IM Kentucky and IM Canada yesterday. This includes my RWP teammate, Dana Lawerence who threw on the heat 2/3 of the way through the marathon to finish super strong and my Triscoop buddies, Drew, Mike and Chris at IMC. Just WOW! If you ever lack motivation, go to www.ironmanlive.com website and watch the live finish line feed. It’s all the emotion you’ll ever need. Next up: IM Wisconsin, Sunday, September 9th.

And now for my sad story, Monday, August 27, 2007

158.2 pounds
31% body fat
Long Run for the week: 7 miles @ 11:37, average HR 144, Max HR 155
Long Bike for the week: 20.5 miles @ 13.8 MPH, Average HR 143, Max 160
Long Swim for the week: 700m @ 2:17/100, 15:55 minutes, RPE: Somewhat Hard

Training Notes for the week: I’m still in a “Preparation” phase, where I’m just trying to get into a regular training routine. I have to NOT look at the numbers; they are very depressing to say the least. Especially my weight! I ate substantially better this past week, but still fell off the wagon once or twice. It’s going to take A LOT of focus for me to get that job done. I’ve worked out a reasonable training schedule for the next few months that looks like this:

Monday: OFF
Tuesday: Technique Swim, High Cadence Bike ride
Wednesday: Long Swim, Medium distance tempo run (still in HR 1 or 2)
Thursday: Medium Distance Bike ride; short run (hilly run form work to home)
Friday: OFF
Saturday: Long Bike
Sunday: Long Run, Technique Swim

I will update my Google Training calendar with my new schedule when I get back from vacation next week. My 14 week Base Training Cycle starts September 5th! For now, I’m off to Montauk for a well deserved week of R&R with my family. I can’t wait to get a nice long bike ride to the lighthouse and a run by the ocean.

775 days to go.

2 comments:

Tea said...

What's your weight goal?

Your week looks good!

Jen said...

I don't really have a weight goal. I would like to get my bodyfat down to 18-20% and go from there. I will probably hit that at about 135lbs.