Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 1A Prepare

Week 1A – Prepare

There is (were) 21 weeks to my first A race, the Olympic Rev3Tri in Quassy, so last week was a preparation week of sorts. I have been out of the regular training discipline for so long I couldn’t see the benefit to jumping into a full blown training week. I used last week to get reacquainted with my bike and the dreadmill.

Monday – 1 hour trainer ride with some harder efforts thrown in

Tuesday – core work

Wednesday – 40 minutes of circuit aerobics and strength moves

Thursday – 5k treadmill steady state

Friday – 1 hour trainer ride with 2 x 6’ very hard efforts 2’ recovery

Saturday – off

Sunday – off

I missed a run workout on Sunday, but no worries or complaints as I start my official week 1 today.

I was also very proud of my eating habits this past week. I’ve shed 4 pounds already with a minimal amount of exercise time, so if I can keep my eating in check, I should see a more progressive weight loss over the next few weeks. I’m holding my caloric intake to around 1650 Kcal/day with a heavy emphasis on veggies and variety. My goal is to race Quassy under 130 pounds. (I haven’t been 130 pounds since the sixth grade.) I’ll also freely admit that while general health and race performance are pieces of my weight loss motivation, I really just want to look good in a pair of size 4 jeans. If that makes me shallow, so be it.

I cooked almost every night last week and it made all of the difference in the world. For the first time in a long time – we planned our weekly menu an shopped for everything we needed. Dinner included: grilled chicken quesadillas, Fish Bruchetta, and a most awesome scallop dish that you can read about here. The best surprise food of the week was Cauliflower CousCous. Click on it and make it (i used shallots not onions and less oil). You won’t regret it.

The week ahead is a baseline testing week starting with a 40 minute TT on the bike tonight and an all out 5k on Wednesday. Both will be used to estimate my LTHR for the next 4 weeks of training. My goal this week is to complete 100% of the workouts this week and eat cleanly despite having a three day long divisional meeting at work. I feel like if I can get through this week with my motivation intact, I am good to go.

Forward motion!

J

No comments: